Kristi Soomer is the founder and CEO of Encircled. A line of innovative, sustainable, and versatile womenswear based in Toronto and retailed exclusively online.
Frustrated with the lack of versatile and stylish travel clothing, Kristi started Encircled with the dream of helping women do more with less in their wardrobes. With no fashion background and little capital, she launched her online store in 2012.
Today, Encircled has a beautiful studio in the Junction Triangle area of Toronto, a team of 12, and makes all of its clothing within 35km of their studio.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Kristi started a clothing line... with NO background in fashion!
- The problem that sparked Kristi’s entrepreneurial journey.
- Capsule wardrobes and the 80/20 rule.
- The focal point for everything created at Enriched.
- The true cost of fast-fashion to the planet and our humanity.
- Key lessons from 2020 for local businesses.
- The energetic lineage of the clothing you wear.
- Making value-based money decisions.
- When to make the leap from a side-hustle to a full-time business owner.
- Embracing the pricing of local and handmade items
Connect with Kristi:
On Instagram @encircled_ & @kristisoomer
Discover life-changing pants at encircled.ca
Find Kristi online at kristisoomer.com